It’s the last month of the year guys! I can’t believe how fast it all passed… How was your year??
In terms of reading I can say that mine was really great! I read what I consider to be a good amount of books. I started my blog that has brought me much happiness and I met many persons that share that same taste and passion for reading. I couldn’t have asked for a better year!
In December, I never read as much because I tend to pass as much time with my family as possible, but I read some pretty good books and some that even made it in my favorites for the year!
This month I read:
- Pretty Wicked – Kelly Charon – ★★★★
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas! -Dr. Seuss – ★★★★★
- ARC: Final Girls – Riley Sager – ★★★★★
- My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories – Stephanie Perkins – ★★★★
- A Christmas Carol – Charles Dickens – ★★★★½☆
- Welcome to Rosie Hopkins’ Sweet Shop of Dreams – Jenny Colgan – ★★★★½
- Manga Classics – Les Misérables – Stacy King – ★★★★½☆
- Christmas at Rosie Hopkins’ Sweet Shop – Jenny Colgan – ★★★½☆☆
- The Sun is Also a Star – Nicola Yoon – ★★★★
- Manga Classics – Great Expectations – Stacy King – ★★½☆☆☆
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll – ★★★☆☆
I read a total of 11 books this month. My favorite was Final Girls, that was a fantastic mystery thriller that got me hooked since the very beginning! Also Alice in Wonderland was so different from what I expected that I can hardly believe. I have absolutely no idea why I’ve never read that before! (I know it’s awful! But I knew the story and I didn’t expect it to be more than that. I was SO wrong.) It’s such a sweet, amazing book!
More related to Christmas, I really loved A Christmas Carol, although a bit difficult to get into, it was such a fantastic read. And even more magical than the movie.
I also really enjoyed the two books I read from the Rosie Hopkins’ Sweet Shop trilogy. They are chick lit, which I normally don’t read much. But I loved it! And I definitely intend to buy the last book.
Last but not least, I really really enjoyed The Sun is Also a Star – it was such a fast cute read! I loved the writing style and although, in my opinion, it was a very impossible story to happen in real life, I can’t deny how sweet it was!
– You can check my page: My Reads 2016 for more information about all the books I read through the year – I will update the list every week with the reviews of every book so make sure you check it out! – and about the books themselves through the links to Goodreads!
And now, for the new year! My January TBR is a bit of a blur right now.
I always find it difficult to choose books for the beginning of a new year. (anyone else? sigh) I don’t know why because it’s not for lack of options as my TBR pile is ginormous, and there’s always amazing new books coming up in January. Plus I have an amazing family that always gets me books on Christmas.
I think the problem is too much books actually. And too less time. I have amazing new books and I want to read them all at the same time! But since that’s impossible, I made a TINY list of the most probable reads.
I obviously had to include some Christmas goodies in my TBR…
I have been wanting to read Truthwitch for a long time now because I love witches and books with magic in it. So I intend to buy the second book as soon as it comes out and read it. Plus those covers!
I also really want to read Harry Potter and The Cursed Child because 1st I love Harry Potter and 2nd I have never read a script in my life. And hopefully I will also be able to read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, since I haven’t seen the movie and I totally need to!
And last but not least The Dark Days Club that I have had for a while but haven’t read it. The second book is coming out in the end of January, and I am really interested in reading it since it’s not a genre that I normally go for.
Hope you all have/had an amazing New Year! Best wishes!
What will be your first read of the year?