May was actually a good month. I had some free time, I read some amazing books and I pretty much followed my TBR for this month, so that’s a good sign! I also got already some books for my birthday next month, because we never know if orders will arrive in time… Might as well do it early, right?! So that got me extremely excited and I can’t wait to share it with you guys asap!
This month I read around 11 books, which is only my average, but since some were quite big, I’m happy with it!
Here are the books I read this month:
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus (ARC Review)
- Bad Little Girl by Frances Vick
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
- Orange #3 by Ichigo Takano (review of the first three books will come on 21/6)
- The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley (review coming soon!)
- The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi (review to come)
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (review coming on 5/6)
- Halloween (W.I.T.C.H. #1) by Elisabetta Gnone (I won’t be doing a review)
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (review coming on 9/6)
I read so many great books this month, but my Top 3 reads of this month are Words in Deep Blue, that made me cry my heart out, A Court of Wings and Ruin, which I absolutely adored and (surprise, surprise) The Dark Prophecy that was even better than the last book and made me extremely excited for more!
But I also have to mention Before I Fall, because it’s the book that most surprised me this month. I though it wouldn’t be a book I was going to enjoy that much and I ended up loving it!
Also, I won’t be doing a review of the W.I.T.C.H BD because I’m re-reading it for nostalgia’s sake only, it’s definitely not the type of books I read anymore but I still love them with all my heart and I felt like reading them. You will see it mentioned in an upcoming post tho.
What were your favorite reads of May? Have you read any of these books? Let’s discuss in the comments below!
So for this month I am pretty sure I have a bunch of books I want to read and they are pretty much all contemporary books but I also have a lot of ARCs that I have to read so, and on top of that, I have classes every day. So this month I will probably read less than the last one…
The books I want to try to read in June are:
- The Hate U Give my Angie Thomas
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (re-read)
- Note Worthy by Riley Redgate
- When We Danced at the End of the Pier by Sandy Taylor
- History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
- Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton (ARC)
- The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy (ARC)
- City of Saints & Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson (ARC)
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
So this is what I plan to go through this month, some I am 100% I will get to because they are ARCs, others I hope, like Outlander… But let’s see how it goes! I will probably be listening to Outlander because it’s not the type of book I normally go for, but I hear so much about it that I have to give it a try, right? Have you read it? What did you think of it?
Hopefully, I will stick with this, but it’s difficult to know, because I will be getting amazing books pretty soon, and I am not sure if I have self-control enough not to attack them right away! Also, I intend to go through some graphic novels or manga online and see some that I want to buy.
What’s on your TBR for this month? Have you read any of this? Share your thoughts in the comments below!