Hey guys! October is already starting and with it comes some pretty nice Halloween and Fall books! I’m doing a post with Halloween recommendations tomorrow so keep an eye open for that!
I also ended my Goodreads Challenge for 100 books, which I’m super proud about since October is only starting!
As for my wrap-up, this month I read 14 books. I read pretty much everything I aimed to and I found some favorites this month! I had overall a great reading month, filled with amazing books and I can’t wait for you guys to check my thoughts on them! The only book I’m really sad I didn’t read this month is Wonder Woman: Warbringer that I preordered but it got lost in the mail…
- Nyxia by Scott Reintgen (ARC Review)
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardgust
- The Little Red Wolf by Amélie Fléchais (ARC Review)
- A Short History of the Girl Next Door by Jared Reck (ARC Review)
- The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken
- Spinning by Tillie Walden
- First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy (ARC Review)
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco (Review coming on 9/10)
- Daughter of the Burning city by Amanda Foody (Review coming on 6/10)
- Manipulated Lives by H. A. Leuschel (Review coming on 4/10)
- Warcross by Marie Lu (Review coming on 2/10)
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone (ARC Review coming on 11/10)
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin (Review to come)
For this month, my Top 3 reads are The Dreadful Tale of Proper Redding which I wasn’t expecting to love so much. It’s a really fun middle-grade book, with a lot of spooky material for the perfect Halloween! Stalking Jack the Ripper is another book I just absolutely love. I love the characters, all the detail and just overall the thrilling theme. And lastly, Warcross which I can’t freaking wait for the next book because the theme is something I absolutely loved!
But I literally loved pretty much every book for this month! It was a fantastic month and I found lots of favorites. This month was all about 4 to 5 stars books!
What were your favorite reads of September? Have you read any of the books mentioned? Let’s discuss in the comments below!
October is going to be pretty ambitious! School is getting more intense, I have tons of amazing books to read that I NEED to read this month, especially some Halloween ones and I am fitting to find time for it! But I am managing, which is why sometimes I’m a bit absent from the blog… I’m either reading, working or studying/in school. So sorry for that guys! But I do answer eventually and I always try to see what you guys are up to, even if sometimes I don’t comment, which I also try!
Here I will post all the books but I will do an individual post for the spookathon!
The books I want to try to read in October are:
This month has a lot going on, but I’m most excited for The Girl in the Tower because it’s an ARC for the sequel to The Bear and the Nightingale which is one of my favorite books! Hunting Prince Dracula because I loved Stalking Jack the Ripper and the end gives the perfect reason for the next book, A Skinful of Shadows that was one of my anticipated releases and The Language of Thorns because duh, Leigh Bardugo…
But I’m interested obviously in all of them and I can’t wait to finally read Wonder Woman: Warbringer!
I already started It and I intend to end it in October since it’s Halloweenish, and I can’t wait to see the movie!
What’s on your TBR for this month? Are you excited for any of these? Share your thoughts in the comments below!