Hey guys! So, recently on Youtube, I saw that BooksandLala is hosting a Spookathon with Bookerly and Paige’s Pages. This is the first readathon I participate in and I’m not sure how this will go since I have no idea what that week will have in reserve for me… But it seems really exciting, so I will give it a try!
The spookathon starts on October 16 and ends on October 22, 2017. It will be the whole week and we have 5 challenges!
- read a thriller
- read a book with a spooky word in the title
- read a book based on a childhood fear
- read a book with orange on the cover
- read a book that has a spooky setting
You can choose some of the challenges that you most like or all of them. The same book can also be used for more than one challenge.
Also, there will be a read-along book which all the hosts will be reading and we can join them. The book will be A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena.
My TBR for the Spookathon will be:
- read a thriller – for this, I will go with the read-along book A Stranger in the House since I only have one I did want to read but it’s a bit too big to fit in here.
- read a book with a spooky word in the title – For this one, I will go with Slasher Girls & Monster Boys which is a book I’ve been really wanting to read and it’s perfect for Halloween! This one is a collection of short stories and I choose it because of the words slasher and monster.
- read a book based on a childhood fear – So the fear I chose is possession – as a child I absolutely hated anything that talked about that, I was actually really afraid of it. And for this, I chose the book A Skinful of Shadows.
- read a book with orange on the cover – For this topic, I will go with the same book as the previous one A Skinful of Shadows since it has some orange on the cover.
- read a book that has a spooky setting – And last but not least This is Not a Test that I’ve been wanting to read for way too long! I generally don’t like zombies but this book seems actually interesting and it’s a standalone! And I mean… Hiding inside a school with only six more people and having zombies all over trying to kill you seems spooky to me.
So this is all the books I want to read for the Spookathon. I think it’s a decent pile, I chose 4 books, they are not particularly tiny or overly big, and I think I will manage to read them all.
What about you guys? Are you participating? What books are you gonna read?