Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010 out of a love of lists. It recently changed to That Artsy Reader Girl and that’s where you can find the topics for each Tuesday.
Everyone can participate and it’s incredibly fun! Plus I’m obsessed with lists and for some reason, I never participated?! This will be my first, and I’m super excited because the topic iiiiiis…. *drum roll*
Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read
This year, actually one of my personal goals is to tackle those books that have been on my physical TBR for a long time. So, this will be a list of books I actually own and want to try and read this year(?)
So let’s get started:
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge – I love Beauty and the Beast, I’ve heard great things about this book, it’s fairly short, and yet it’s still waiting.
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken – Ah… I’m so behind on this! There’s even a movie coming out and they are just gathering dust on my shelf. I really need to get to it, plus I love dystopian, so it can’t be that difficult right?
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab – I’m not even gonna say anything to defend myself here… <Just start this Joana, really it’s turning ridiculous!>
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – This sounds amazing and just perfect for me! I definitely will read it this year. I hope…
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare – Yeah… I kinda stopped in book three although I have all the books. They just felt so young for me and that’s making me afraid of reading the rest. But I guess I’m not getting any younger, so I just should go for it.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – Has anyone actually not read this? No? Just me? Yeah… I thought so. I really need to get to it, but it seems so different and scary to enter in this book…
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik – This is truly one of the oldest books I have on my bookshelf that I haven’t read, and I heard great things about it. I just keep avoiding it and I don’t know why!
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black – I’ve been dying to read this. I recently read a book from the author and I love the writing and this sounds amazing. I always want to read it during Halloween and it just doesn’t happen and then it sits forgotten. Well, not this year!
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – Again, nothing I can say about this one. I. JUST. NEED. TO. GET. TO. IT. Argh… I really want to!
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys – Aaaa… Yeah, here’s another one that puts me to shame.
Well, this was sad… If only I could read them all at the same time and preferably in one day… Ah… I really want to get to these books but for one reason or another I just haven’t, and the saddest part is there’s a lot more from where these came from…
But I will, I know sooner or later I will! And hopefully this year. I mean, it just started so I’m still in a positive mood!
What books have been on your TBR for the longest?
Have you read any of these? If yes, tell me whether I should read it ASAP and… If you really need to, put me to shame, I mean, I can’t get lower than this right?!