Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010 out of a love of lists. It recently changed to That Artsy Reader Girl and that’s where you can find the topics for each Tuesday.
This week’s topic is:
Hidden Gems (which books haven’t been talked about as much or haven’t been marketed as strongly, that you think deserve some recognition?)
I haven’t done one of these in a while, but one I say the title for this one, I knew I had to find some time to do it!
I’ve been reading some books I really think are worth sharing and I managed to talk about 5 of them! I hope you guys have read or get to read some of them!
What are some of your hidden gems?
10 Hidden Gems
- Noteworthy – This is a book I remember loving. It was so fun and interesting to read about an acapella group! I loved the main character and all she did to get to do what she loved, and I would definitely recommend it!
- Flowers for Algernon – This is a classic and many people have read it, but nowadays I don’t see as many people going for it (or for classics) if they normally read just YA. But this is a classic that’s really enjoyable and emotional! It’s really easy to read and in my opinion really worth it!
- Starfish – This book represents social anxiety in a really interesting and realistic way. It deals with a half-Asian main character that loves art and that is dealing with a lot of family problems. It’s a book that’s really easy to relate in some ways or others and it was really emotional to read about.
- The Trials of Morrigan Crow – This has been having a bit more hype nowadays. It’s so fun and light, and just so creative! It grips you right from the beginning and the world is fantastic!
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly – This is a really powerful and gripping story about a girl that lived in a cult. It’s done in a very realistic way and we see all her life in the cult through memories, while she is in a juvie detention center, where she re-discovers the world and herself.
What about you guys?? Have you read some hidden gems lately that you would like to share? Let’s talk in the comments below!